May 2, 2019
by: Sheela Nimishakavi
If getting your nonprofit board of directors to #goals level is on your to do list, then this episode is for you.
Most of the information out there tells us what board members are supposed to be doing. We know, from great resources like Board Source, what the roles and responsibilities of the board are.
But, you have important work to do. You NEED a strong board that will support and accelerate your nonprofit. So, what exactly should you be looking for?
In this episode, I describe the 7 key factors that differentiate strong boards from weak ones. These are:
- The board chair and executive director have a strong working relationship
- The board blurs the line between board and staff duties when needed
- They are future-focused
- They don’t operate in silos
- Individual members willingly bring resources to the organization
- They believe that profitability is necessary for sustainability, and
- They don’t get stuck in tunnel vision when recruiting board members
I’ll help you understand why these factors are game changers when it comes to achieving the impact you desire.
Click here to listen on Apple Podcasts now!
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW IN ITUNES
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, I invite you to do that today. I’m adding a bunch of new, information-packed training episodes into the mix and I don’t want you to miss any of it! Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
And, if you’re feeling particularly chipper, I would be so grateful for a review on iTunes. Reviews help others find Nonprofit Confidential and help us get rockstars onto our show. Just click here, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” to let me know what your favorite part of this podcast is. Thank you so much!