June 27, 2019
by: Sheela Nimishakavi
It’s time for another FAQ episode! This is sort of my version of a Dear Abby column- remember those? This is where I take a bunch of questions that I’ve received in my email, on Instagram, Facebook, during workshops, or from consulting clients and answer them for you all to hear.
Today I’m answering a wide range of questions like:
- [2:40] My nonprofit doesn’t offer direct service or have any real opportunities for volunteers other than events. How can we engage volunteers, especially large groups?
- [7:48] What tips do you have for creating a budget? This is my first time and we have a lot of new programs.
- [12:38] We have a huge social media following but actually converting these likes and shares into donations has not happened. What can we do?
- [16:19] My organization has had a LOT of staff turnover. As the leader, how can I maintain morale in the workplace and not lose more staff?
- [20:12] What is one thing you think nonprofits don’t do enough of?
- [22:50] What do the best nonprofit leaders do differently?
If you have any burning questions, please feel free to reach out anytime on Instagram, or Facebook, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll try to answer you directly or I’ll add the question to one of these FAQ episodes.
This episode is brought to you by ThirdSuite’s Book Club- a FREE, online book club for passionate nonprofit professionals. Click here for more information and to join today!
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW IN ITUNES
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, I invite you to do that today. I’m adding a bunch of new, information-packed training episodes into the mix and I don’t want you to miss any of it! Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
And, if you’re feeling particularly chipper, I would be so grateful for a review on iTunes. Reviews help others find Nonprofit Confidential and help us get rockstars onto our show. Just click here, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” to let me know what your favorite part of this podcast is. Thank you so much!