April 2, 2019
by: Sheela Nimishakavi
I don’t say this very often, but this is one episode you do. not. want to miss!
I answer ALL of those burning questions that keep you up at night. I discuss answers to:
- How can you get your board comfortable with fundraising?
- Pushing past “but we have always done it this way” sentiment.
- For volunteer-run organizations, how will you know it’s time to hire staff?
- How can you get your board to understand, grants are not going to solve all of your fundraising woes?
- Transparency is important- but what exactly do donors want to know?
- What benefits can small nonprofit organizations offer until they can afford to provide health insurance and retirement benefits (and not lose stellar staff in the interim)?
- Should your organization participate in Giving Tuesday?
- Tips for recruiting new board members for a budding nonprofit organization.
- The most important piece of advice for young nonprofit professionals
By the way, all of these questions were submitted by ThirdSuite email subscribers. If you haven’t signed up yet, what are you waiting for? Click here to sign up on the top bar and get access to benefits such as: access to our private Facebook group, exclusive discounts and early access to courses and learning opportunities.
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW IN ITUNES
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, I invite you to do that today. I’m adding a bunch of new, information-packed training episodes into the mix and I don’t want you to miss any of it! Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
And, if you’re feeling particularly chipper, I would be so grateful for a review on iTunes. Reviews help others find Nonprofit Confidential and help us get rockstars onto our show. Just click here, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” to let me know what your favorite part of this podcast is. Thank you so much!