August 22, 2019
By: Sheela Nimishakavi
It takes more than just years of experience to develop into an effective nonprofit professional. Trust me, I’ve been at this for a while and I’ve found that the most effective professionals- the ones who create the greatest impact- focus on a few specific areas of their lives.
Today, I’m sharing with you what these 5 key focus areas are.
I know you’re busy. You work incredibly hard and you don’t need more work placed on your shoulders. So, I’ve also shared some of my tricks for building in these 5 areas into my life every single day.
It’s not about perfectly executing all five or taking a lot of time out of your day. Rather, it’s about consistency.
You deserve to have a satisfying and fulfilling nonprofit career, one that is aligned with the change you want to create in the world. This is how to get there.
Highlights from this episode include:
- [2:47] When you’re truly passionate about the work that you do, it’s really hard to put up a boundary between work and life
- [6:19] Self-care doesn’t need to be complicated or expensive
- [9:33] By researching and joining online communities, such as Facebook groups, you can grow your network easily
- [13:04] Self awareness will help you determine which areas of your work you need more training in
- [15:10] Knowing your personal mission helps you understand when you’ve veered from the path or when you’re about to.
For more information about self-care, please check out episode 12 of Nonprofit Confidential.
To get started on growing your professional network today, please join our FREE Facebook group: Nonprofit Confidential Podcast Community
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW IN ITUNES
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, I invite you to do that today. I’m adding a bunch of new, information-packed training episodes into the mix and I don’t want you to miss any of it! Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
And, if you’re feeling particularly chipper, I would be so grateful for a review on iTunes. Reviews help others find Nonprofit Confidential and help us get rockstars onto our show. Just click here, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” to let me know what your favorite part of this podcast is. Thank you so much!